We collect information when you create an account and use the Platform, such as your contact details, content you create, and your location. We also collect information you share with us from third-party social network providers, and technical and behavioral information about your use of the Platform. We also collect information contained in the messages you send through our Platform and information from your phone book, if you grant us access to your phone book on your mobile device.
For certain activities, such as when you register, upload content to the Platform, or contact us directly, you may provide some or all of the following information:
We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you choose to link or sign up using your social network (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Google), we may collect information from these third-party services, including your contact lists for these services and information relating to your use of the Platform in relation to these services.
We will also receive information about you (including age data and demographic information) from third parties (such as advertising networks and analytics providers) and from other sources, including business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources.
We automatically collect certain information from you when you use the Platform, including your IP address, location-related data (as described below), unique device identifiers, browsing history (including content you have viewed in the Platform), Cookies (as defined below), your mobile carrier, time zone setting, and mobile or device information including the model of your device, screen resolution, operating system, app and file names and types, and platform.
We collect information regarding your use of the Platform and any other User Content that you generate through and broadcast on our Platform. We also link your subscriber information with your activity on our Platform across all your devices using your email, phone number, or similar information.
We collect information about your location, including location information based on your SIM card and/or IP address. With your permission, we may also collect Global Positioning System (GPS) data.
We collect and process, which includes scanning and analyzing, information you provide in the context of composing, sending, or receiving messages through our Service's messaging functionality. That information includes the content of the message and information about when the message has been sent, received and/or read, as well as the participants of the communication. Please be aware that messages sent to other users of our Service will be accessible by those users and that we are not responsible for the manner in which those users use or disclose messages.
When you upload User Content, you automatically upload certain metadata that is connected to the User Content. Metadata describes other data and provides information about your User Content that will not always be evident to the viewer. In connection with your User Content the metadata can describe how, when, and by whom the piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted. It also includes information, such as your account name, that enables other users to trace back the video to your user account. Additionally, metadata will consist of data that you chose to provide with the video, e.g. any hashtags used to mark keywords to the video and captions.
We use your information to fulfill and enforce our Terms of Service, to improve and administer the Platform, and to allow you to use its functionalities. We may also use your information to, among other things, show you suggestions, promote the Platform, and customize your ad experience.
We generally use the information we collect:
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect. We will share your information with the following selected third parties:
1. Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors and service providers that help us perform our business operations, including research, payment processing and transaction fulfillment, database maintenance, contest administration, technology services, deliveries, email deployment, advertising, analytics, measurement, data storage and hosting, disaster recovery, search engine optimization, marketing, and data processing.
2. Business partners. We may share your information with our business partners so that we can make you special offers via the Platform.
3. Corporate group. We may share your information with a parent, subsidiary, or other affiliate of our corporate group.
4. Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
5. Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of musical.ly Inc, our affiliates, users, or the public.
6. Advertisers. We give advertisers reports about the types of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing.
7. With your consent. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, to login to the Platform or to share information about your usage on the Platform with others, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Platform, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Platform, in accordance with their privacy policies.
If you choose to engage in public activities on the Platform, you should be aware that any information you share may be read, collected, or used by other users. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while engaging. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit.
1. You may be able to refuse or disable Cookies by adjusting your browser settings. Because each browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your browser. Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable certain types of Cookies. For example, due to differences in how browsers and mobile apps function, you may need to take different steps to opt out of Cookies used for targeted advertising in a browser and to opt out of targeted advertising for a mobile application, which you may control through your device settings or mobile app permissions. In addition, your opt-out selection is specific to the particular browser or device that you are using when you opt out, so you may need to opt-out separately for each of browser or device. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete Cookies, some of the functionality of the Platform may no longer be available to you.
2. Your mobile device may include a feature that allows you to opt out of some types of targeted advertising ("Limit Ad Tracking" on iOS and "Opt out of Interest-Based Ads" on Android).
3. You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails by utilizing the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails.
4. You can switch off GPS location information functionality on your mobile device if you do not wish to share GPS information.
5. If you have registered for an account you may access, review, and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your account and using available features and functionalities.
6. Some browsers transmit "do-not-track" signals to websites. Because of differences in how browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
If we have added some content that belongs to you or your organization by mistake, We are sorry for that. We apologize for that and assure you that this won’t be repeated in the future. If you are the rightful owner of the content used in our Website, please mail us with your Name, Organization Name, Contact Details, Copyright infringing URL, and Copyright Proof (URL or Legal Document) at firstname.lastname@example.org We assure you that, We will remove the infringing content Within 48 Hours.
If you have an account on this site or app or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. please mail us for data deletion request with your Name, profile name & email id you registered with us at email@example.com once we get your request for data deletion, we will remove your data within 48 hours from our app as well as website.
We use reasonable measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.